Gotlin OBGYN & Wellness
Douglas L. Gotlin, DO
OBGYN located in Miami Beach, FL
Trying to navigate the different symptoms of menopause often turns into a daily struggle for women. Menopause can ravage your hormonal balance and leave you feeling completely out of whack, left to deal with a slew of new issues in addition to your busy life!
Fortunately, Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) can be a powerful tool in helping you feel more like yourself. Dr. Douglas L. Gotlin has years of experience helping the menopausal women of Miami Beach live a healthier, happier life with BHRT. If you need relief from the symptoms of menopause, call Reclaim Hormone Wellness or book online today.
Don’t You Dare Let Menopause Slow You Down
Benefits of BHRT Include:
- More Energy
- Better Mental Clarity
- Improved Libido
- Easier Weight Management
- Improved Mood
- Improved Muscle Mass
- Better Sleep
- Fewer Hot Flashes & Night Sweats
- Increased Sense of Wellbeing
- Healthier Skin & Hair
Treatment Designed For YOU
We recognize that each of us is unique, and so are our bodies. Your body requires a very specific balance of hormones to feel its best. When your hormones are balanced, life just works.
Your wellness is our #1 priority, so we create customized treatment plans for each and every one of our patients. In your Initial Consultation, we will discuss your issues, your health goals, and how we can help you Reclaim Hormone Wellness.
Individual hormone replacement treatment programs include:
- Treatment by your provider, who is highly trained in Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Full review of symptoms, including personal and family medical history
- Comprehensive hormone level testing
- Customized programs to alleviate specific symptoms based on personal medical history and lab result analysis
- Compounded hormones and supplements
Am I experiencing menopause?
Menopausal symptoms can correlate with other conditions, so the best way to find out if you're experiencing menopause is to visit Dr. Gotlin. He will ask about what you’ve been experiencing to find out if this is the cause of your issues.
The most common menopausal symptoms include:
- Mood Swings: You struggle to contain your emotions from moment to moment
- Night Sweats: Fluctuations in your body temperature lead to excessive sweating as you sleep
- Incontinence: Weakening pelvic muscles lead to a loss of control over urination
- Pain During Sex: Your vaginal walls get thinner once you start experiencing menopause, making intercourse painful
- Sleep Disorders: Falling or staying asleep is challenging, leaving you feeling unrested the next day.
Although menopause isn’t a curable condition, Dr. Gotlin can relieve its symptoms with hormone therapy (HRT).
How can hormone replacement therapy help with menopause?
Your body produces less estrogen and progesterone, along with other important hormones, as you move past your primary reproductive years. This is what contributes to menopause. BHRT replenishes the lost hormones and relieves most -- if not all -- of your symptoms.
Does hormone replacement therapy have any risks?
Before you start using BHRT, Dr. Gotlin will conduct a thorough consultation with you. Dr. Gotlin will discuss hormone solutions to help relieve your menopause symptoms.
BHRT has never been linked to increasing the risk of or causing any cancers, nor the development of blood clots. Dr. Gotlin will discuss at length the misinformation surrounding hormone therapy and subsequent risks.
But in the end, you’re the only one who can decide how the benefits of BHRT compare to the symptoms you’re currently experiencing. Dr. Gotlin will respect your input and choice.